cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Host Flapping

vinothlb1
Level 1
Level 1

I m getting following error in my L# switch. How to rectify the problem.. which leads my network slow..

%C4K_EBM-4-HOSTFLAPPING: Host 02:01:00:00:00:00 in vlan 1 is flapping between port Gi5/2 and port Gi 4/22

7 Replies 7

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

this could mean that the same host mac address frames are being recieved on both the interfaces, pointing to a probable loop in the network.

Regards,

niranjan

How to rectify the problem...

what is the topology connected to both the posts? are those 2 ports indirectly connected through hub/switch?

Both gigabit ports are connected to L3 switch.

Gi/7 connected to my antivirus server. Gi/14 connected to fileserver.. .There is no load balance..

Hi,

Plz let us know what is connected to this switch ports.

also the running confg for both would be helpful.

regards,

pravin

I had a similar problem once. It was a couple servers that had Teamed NIC's. It wasn't configured properly on the broadcom software. If your network is slow it sounds like it could be a network loop.

It can also be possible if the servers connected to the switch ports are set for load balancing.

Regards,

Pravin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco