cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with 2600 router

piatthi1983
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i have some problem with my cisco 2621 router.

i want to configure my 2621 as a CPE PPPoE client. my device sit behing a cable modem.

when i try to connect, wan interface (ethernet) and DIALER interface are up , but i don't receive dynamically an IP address from my ISP.

i'm figuring out that the problem is ppp authentication but when i use debug ppp authentication and negociation to solve problem, i do not seen anything. debug ppp does not working.

the problem can, be my IOS since i dont see any logging for ppp debugging.

what is problem ? i muist upgrade my IOS ? thank for help

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try debug "ppp negotiation". If you don't see anything, then check "debug pppoe".

i using debug ppp authentication and

debug ppp negociation command

but i don't see anything

Then as mentioned above the problem can be on the PPPoE part, that yous can troubleshoot with the appropriate debug and show commands.

i solved my problem, all are up, now my cisco router receive ip address dynamically from my ISP ;

to solved my problem, i have just reboot the cable modem which is before my device

This happens because PPPoE was still open to the device you where using instead of the router, so it was needed to reinitialize that.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card