Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking outgoing numbers using cor

ShailendraK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

It seems that it is not possible to block certain outgoing numbers from a range of numbers using cor. What is the best practice of doing this when configuring dial-peers using cor for h323 fallback mode in SRST.

For example:

From a range on intersite extensions from 2000 to 2999, if the only number that needs to be blocked is 2222 from being dialed over the PSTN when in fallback mode. Or is cor not the best answer for this?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you want extension 2222 to be blocked for outgoing calls via PSTN ?

SOrry, your example is not clear in that.

Sorry for the confusion.

Assuming that the range 2000 to 2999 belongs to remote site. When the wan is down the calls go over the pstn. The users at the local site dial the usual 4 digits for same experience. The 4 digits are expanded using Translation-pattern.

In this scenatio I do not want the extension 2222 in the remote site to be reached from the users on the local site. I.e. when the local users dial 2222, the call should not go through to the pstn.

Thanks and Regards

You can create a specific DP to make the call drop. Eg suppose the number translated has become 555-2222:

dial-peer voice 2222 pots

destination-pattern 5552222

huntstop

This way since you have no "forward-digits" command, the called number is not valid (empty) and the call should fail. Note you might need to configure "preference 2" on the pots DP already in use for this to work.

Please rate post if it helps

u can block it by cor and also by useing a voice translation profile as following:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /5552222/

voice translation profile called-block

translate called 1

translation-profile incoming called-block

assuming in this exampke ur full DID number is 5552222

but i think this number will be blocked from recieving calls from pstn in general but try it and let me know up to this stage

rate if useful

good luck

from the above post by marwanshawi :

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /5552222/

voice translation profile called-block

translate called 1

translation-profile incoming called-block

In my experience I have always had to add the translation profile to block the calls preceeded by the call-block command..

So it would look like this

call-block translation-profile incoming called-block

It doesnt work for me without the call-block command. Let me know if I am incorrect.

Rate if helps.....

Regards

Hi,

call-block is for DPs.

When the translation-profile is applied to voice-port, reject will work.

u right

i think both of them work but with block command u can sennd reason code

the following example from cisco.com

rule 1 reject /^234/

router# test voice translation-rule 10 1234

1234 Didn't match with any of rules

router# test voice translation-rule 10 2345

blocked on rule 1

the follwoing example from cisco press, cisco voice gateways and gatekeepers

apply the translation profile to the appropriate dial peer(s) with the command call-block translation-profile incoming name. When the call is blocked, a reason code is sent to the caller. You can control that message with the call-block disconnect-cause command, as shown here:

Boise(config)#dial-peer voice 99 pots

Boise(config-dial-peer)#call-block translation-profile incoming BLOCK

Boise(config-dial-peer)#call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject

please Rate if helpful

thank you

Keep in in mind that only ISDN interfaces and H.323 have support of cause codes.

So when using other types of interface it doesn't really matter if you set a cause code, because there is no way to transmit it.

if i want to block call when i know Calling number, on callmanager , how can i do ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: