Replies

3845 "NME-16ES-1G" etherchannel configuration

frederickfung
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Guru,

May I know if the following "NME-16ES-1G" can support the following command :

"channel group 1 mode desirable"

The reason I need this command is because I need to bundle 2 x FE links through Ether Channel technologies. I've been advised by my colleague that the above is the right command to turn on FEC with PAgP support. I've also been told that the following command is not the best one :

"channel-group 1 mode on"

It is because mode "ON" does not negotiated through PAgP... Is that true?

Thousand thanks!

BR,

Frederick

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Frederick

Yes, this module should support the ability to run PAgP on etherchannel so you should be able to enter that command.

When you use "channel-group 1 mode on" this does indeed disable negotiation and permanently turns the etherchannel on. There are differing views on whether this is a good or bad thing. The advantage to using PAgP is that if the the etherchannel does not form the switch will report that fact.

Jon

frederickfung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May I double verify (as I've asked 2 questions inside)if :

"NME-16ES-1G" can support the following command : "channel group 1 mode desirable"

Is this true? What version of IOS can support this command?

Thousand thanks!

Frederick

channel-group 1 mode desirable is supported with the base image and up (c3750-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(35)SE5.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: