cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified 500 series - number of handsets

julfle01rhi
Level 1
Level 1

Quick entry level question. I have a large house residence which requires more handsets than physical people. My boss recommends I look into the 500 series Unified Voip gateway 8 User model.

My question is: Can I have a phone in each room (22 rooms) but have only 4 users on the 8 user model? Does it meet the licensing requirements?

Basically I need the 4 home owners to be able to pick up and call from any room. What is the best product to deliver this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it does not meet the licensing model.

Each physical phone installed and active counts toward the license limit.

Please rate post if it helps!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Julian,

Sadly, the number of users "8" is also equal to the number of licensed IP Phones. For your requirements you would need the newest 24 user platform;

The 24-user version of the Cisco Unified 500 Series uses the same 19-inch rack-mount form factor as the 32- and 48-user versions and supports up to 24 local IP phones plus four teleworker licenses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/product_bulletin_c25-460618.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: