cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to see in command line if the SSID is set to broadcast

D0nprintup_2
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me the command to see from the command line if i have broadcast set up for the SSID

EDIT

I resolved this, I overlooked the guest-mode

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

You can see in the command sh running-config command

show running-config : Displays the current access point operating configuration

Use the guest-mode SSID configuration mode command to configure the radio interface (for the specified SSID) to support guest mode. Use the no form of the command to disable the guest mode.

[no] guest-mode .

Here is the guideline for usage

The access point can have one guest-mode SSID or none at all. The guest-mode SSID is used in beacon frames and response frames to probe requests that specify the empty or wildcard SSID. If no guest-mode SSID exists, the beacon contains no SSID and probe requests with the wildcard SSID are ignored. Disabling the guest mode makes the networks slightly more secure. Enabling the guest mode helps clients that passively scan (do not transmit) associate with the access point. It also allows clients configured without a SSID to associate.

Examples

This example shows how to set the wireless LAN for the specified SSID into guest mode:

AP(config-if-ssid)# guest-mode

This example shows how to reset the guest-mode parameter to default values:

AP(config-if-ssid)# no guest-mode

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: