cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vty access

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct me if I'm wrong, from what I understand the default configuration of "line vty x y" prevents or doesn't allow any type of connection. i.e.

!

line vty 0 4

!

line vty 5 15

...as the above has a default configuration of "no login" or no "login authentication".

Thanks,

Dandy

2 Replies 2

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Dandy ,

By default it will not allow to login through telnet . It will show as "passwd required ,but not set "

but if you set

line vty 0 15

login

password class

you will be able to login with password " class" , and it's required to put a "password class" under line vty , or otherwise you can put " aaa new-model" under global config which will make the authentication by using AAA , login with tacacs+ or local , the way you configured .

Normally I'm putting aaa new-mdel under global config and then configuring username , passwd on router which will allow to login using the username passwd configured on router and then with enable secret password i will go to priviledge mode . Other option is to put a privildge level 15 under line vty to go diarectly to previldge mode

Regards

Haris

Regards

Hi Haris,

Thank you very much for your reply. I encountered some problem here, but I can only provide details next week as I already send it to infosec@cisco.com

Still waiting for their reply...

Thanks,

Dandy

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card