cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vty access

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct me if I'm wrong, from what I understand the default configuration of "line vty x y" prevents or doesn't allow any type of connection. i.e.

!

line vty 0 4

!

line vty 5 15

...as the above has a default configuration of "no login" or no "login authentication".

Thanks,

Dandy

2 Replies 2

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Dandy ,

By default it will not allow to login through telnet . It will show as "passwd required ,but not set "

but if you set

line vty 0 15

login

password class

you will be able to login with password " class" , and it's required to put a "password class" under line vty , or otherwise you can put " aaa new-model" under global config which will make the authentication by using AAA , login with tacacs+ or local , the way you configured .

Normally I'm putting aaa new-mdel under global config and then configuring username , passwd on router which will allow to login using the username passwd configured on router and then with enable secret password i will go to priviledge mode . Other option is to put a privildge level 15 under line vty to go diarectly to previldge mode

Regards

Haris

Regards

Hi Haris,

Thank you very much for your reply. I encountered some problem here, but I can only provide details next week as I already send it to infosec@cisco.com

Still waiting for their reply...

Thanks,

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: