cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

back up of ios

sham_chennala
Level 1
Level 1

while i am trying to copy the ios of my 3750 swithch i am not able to locate the tftp server here i am pasting the output which i am geting. pls give help

YLE_Core_2#copy flash tftp

Source filename []? c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEE2/c3750-ipservices-mz.

Address or name of remote host []? 122-25.SEE2.bin 192.168.0.145

?Invalid host address or name

%Error parsing filename (Invalid IP address or hostname)

YLE_Core_2#

5 Replies 5

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

HI

R u able to reach the tftp server from this switch.

122-25.SEE2.bin 192.168.0.145 -here u need to just provide the ip address of the tftp server not the file name.

Is the TFTP server installed on the system.

Thanks

Mahmood

S, i can able to reach the TFTP server but my problem is how to enter the name in that filed can you provide the cammands for taking the ios name from the DIR. In router we can directly copy the image name. here iam not able to paste the image name correctly. It covers the location where we want to specify the ip add of TFTP SERVER.

Pravin Phadte
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

You need to see if there is any acl blocking the tftp port fist then you should able to ping the tftp server.

Follow as below

Source filename:c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEE2/c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEE2.bin

File name which you need to copy to the tftp

Address or name of remote host: [tftp ip address]

Destination filename# [press enter]

HTH

Regards,

Pravin

Hi pravin,

while i am pasting the image name to the source filename:it covers the remote host: portion also.But i heard from Flash DIR i can take the ios image name but i dont know how to take it from the DIR. If you know how to to take the back up from the 3750 switch ple provide the command also..

thanks & regards,

Sham.

Hi,

try,

Copy flash:/c3name/ios.bin tftp:

give the ip address

give the name for file

It should get copied.

best way.

Copy flash:/c35 {press tab}/c35 [press tab] tftp:

the full file name will be shown.

Regrads,

Pravin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: