cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID different that expected

vladanmilosevic
Level 1
Level 1

We have deployed switch stacks of 3750 on many location, and all of them are discovered by our NetView (latest patches and so on applied) correctly. They are recognized as devices which perform L2 duties. On the other hand we have deployed a single 3750 (WS-C3750G-12S) and it should be present as that swicth (according to the OID info), but it represents itself as switch stack. Is this normal behaviour? If not how could I remove the switch from starting any of the switch stack functionalities?

I would appreciate any comments on this.

Vladan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is normal behavior. The default sysObjectID for all 3750s is that of a stack. If you would rather this switch identify itself by its own sysObjectID, just configure:

no snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is normal behavior. The default sysObjectID for all 3750s is that of a stack. If you would rather this switch identify itself by its own sysObjectID, just configure:

no snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid

Thanks a lot.

there is only one nuisance, we have to restart the L3 switch... Uptime 1 year, 11 weeks... I like them all running until we have to reboot them.

We will manage. I wonder if we delete complete SNMP config and reapply it, with your command before any snmp command, would it change anything?

Vladan

No, that will not help. You will need to reboot.