Views
Helpful
Replies

Heat Maps in WCS .... HELP!!

mjohnson1914
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have set up a LWAPP network for a hospital running all "A" with some hotspots that are "G" capable. Because of interference issues in the hospital I have disabled the "G" radio in all the access points that are not part of the hotspot areas. However, by doing this I can no longer see the RF Heat maps of these APs in the WCS.

Does anyone know how to display the RF Heat Maps for APs that only have the "A" radio enabled? As it stands right now, if I look at a map in the WCS I only see the RF Heat map for the APs that have the "G" enabled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you have the map showing, there is a layers tab above the map, click on access point and then choose 802.11a/n for the protocol. That should do it for you.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you have the map showing, there is a layers tab above the map, click on access point and then choose 802.11a/n for the protocol. That should do it for you.

-Scott

Thanks that did work! However, now it will only display the "A" Heat maps because selecting the "A" and "G" option disables the heat map display. Do you know why this is? I am fine with it but just curious why the WCS can't display both.

Thanks again!

I had the same question and came up with you can't since the coverage will differ between the two protocols. What you see in 802.11b/g/n will not be the same as in 802.11a/n.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card