cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7970 reset messed everything up???

sgfjacobs
Level 1
Level 1

I needed to reset a 7970 ip phone to factory defaults and I did the whole hold down # when you start up the phone and then press 123456789*0# thing and it started to reset but it keeps on doing it and won't stop. I have left it on for over 3 days now and its still flashing green on the lights on the right of the sceeen and now nothing it even coming up on the screen. I've tired everything i can think of and i checked everything that i can thinking (DHCP,tftp...) and I got nothing. Please tell me this phone isn't a big expensive paper holder now. All i did was try reset the stupid thing and now I can't and even get it to turn on. Please help!!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, the easier way is to use one of these little switches with straight cable.

On tftpd32 configure the DHCP tab with option 150 to the IP address of the PC, and a valid pool.

That's all what is required, phone will be the looking for term41.default.loads, you need this file as well the other individual FW files.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

this is always due to the firmware files not available for one reason or another, on the tftp server.

You could recover the phone connecting it directly on a PC that has tftpd32 (free download) installed and the firmware files.

p.bevilacqua you have been a lifesaver!!

Now what I connect it though a cross over cable correct? and does it matter what the ip address is of the server, like is it going to look for a default tftp server?

Thanks

Hi, the easier way is to use one of these little switches with straight cable.

On tftpd32 configure the DHCP tab with option 150 to the IP address of the PC, and a valid pool.

That's all what is required, phone will be the looking for term41.default.loads, you need this file as well the other individual FW files.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

I tired it but in the log it kept on saying client requesting ip 192.168.0.100 but is unable to ......

and nothing was happening

I made the starting ip address 192.168.0.99 but still wouldn't take in. Any suggestions??

Make sure you filled the DHCP option field with 150 and the IP of the PC.

The phone doesn't accept the address without that. If 150 doesn't work, try 66.

Thanks a lot p.bevilacqua. I just had to fool around with it a little and got it working. Now my 7970 is working great!! Thank a lot :)

You summed up the right approach perfectly.

Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: