cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Offnet Extension Dialing

houstonrob
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully someone can help me out, I'm a little new to CM. I'm trying to set up the system to call one of our remote offices via 4 digit dialing. I've set up a route pattern 65XX and tried every combination changing the called party transform mask and prefix digits I could but can never get it to actually make the call. On the screen it actually shows the correct number, it just won't dial. Has anyone set something like this up before and if so how did you get it to work. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pattern = 65XX

called party number = 713555XXXX

if needed add a 9 to called party number, did you read the configuration guide for translation patterns??

Table 27-1 Translation Pattern Configuration Settings

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_2_3/ccmcfg/b03txpat.html#wp1026666

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

please provide an example of what you will dial, what will be actually dialed and if you want the calling party to be transformed

make sure that the called number is something that can be routed thru a route pattern in the system including all digits. I mean if you use 9 and you will transform 4 digits to 10 digit dialing make sure you have 9 + 10 digits

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi; I want to dial any 65XX number, for example 6506, and for the CM to prepend 713555 to make the complete number 7135556506. I've tried unchecking the box "Provide outside dial tone" and adding 9 so it would try 97135556506 and I've tried putting the check in but then it gives outside dial tone as soon as it matches the "65". I've also tried setting the pattern to 8.65XX and setting the discard digits to "Predot" and the Called party prefix digits to "713555", this option shows the full number on the lcd of my phone but doesnt seem to be able to dial out. If I add 9 to the beginning of those prefix digits, does that mean i should not have the "provide outside dial tone" checked?

pattern = 65XX

called party number = 713555XXXX

if needed add a 9 to called party number, did you read the configuration guide for translation patterns??

Table 27-1 Translation Pattern Configuration Settings

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_2_3/ccmcfg/b03txpat.html#wp1026666

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: