Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1 not passing External Caller ID

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

we are running CCM 5.1 on a mgcp gateway and i have run into an issue. If i call an extension directly from a cellphone, the Caller ID shows up.

However, if i call our corporate number and hit 0 for the operator, the caller id shows up as a unity voicemail port and the caller id only shows up when phone goes off hook and answered.

Any thoughts on a solution? I have reset the operators phone but it didnt do anything. It was working on friday before the long weekend and the only changes made to the CCM 5.1 was the Media termination Points device pool was changed.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately for a fix on this you would need to go to 6.X

Bug Details

Calls from Unity AA display VM port number on phone display prompt line

they added this parameter:

Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity

this is only for CUCM 4.2(3) and 6.x versions. since CUCM 5.X is based in 4.1(x) you cannot find it on those versions.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

javalenc,

First off, thanks for your post. Would that explain why this was working before and all of a sudden not be working? I know how cisco is with bugs but how would that explain how it was wokring before and not now?

Im trying to understand this as well as give a explanation to my superiors.

Thank you very much once again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: