cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS 210 - How Can I Measure the Performance of the box??

chharris41
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me how to get some meaningful, real-time (or close) measurements on CPU usage, memory usage, etc.. on the MARS 210?? I don't see anything on the GUI that gives this info and the cli command "sysstatus" isn't too easy to interpret either. I need to be able to measure the the perfomance before and after sending netflow, syslog, etc. to it . Surely Cisco would not have left this out....??

2 Replies 2

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The sysstatus command is just a front-end to the UNIX top command. You can find a lot of info about that on the internet. I think this command is your best bet, I am not aware of any other way to achieve your desired requirement.

Of course you could overload your MARS box with dozens of events and see the no of events/incident its processing. However due to the nature of SIM/SEM devices this is not always easy. With firewalls you can traffic generators/testers and get things tested pretty easily.

Regards

Farrukh

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

I'm only aware of sysstatus too. You can change some of the display settings(enter "?"), but it's not going to a good job of showing trends, etc.