cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS 210 - How Can I Measure the Performance of the box??

chharris41
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me how to get some meaningful, real-time (or close) measurements on CPU usage, memory usage, etc.. on the MARS 210?? I don't see anything on the GUI that gives this info and the cli command "sysstatus" isn't too easy to interpret either. I need to be able to measure the the perfomance before and after sending netflow, syslog, etc. to it . Surely Cisco would not have left this out....??

2 Replies 2

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The sysstatus command is just a front-end to the UNIX top command. You can find a lot of info about that on the internet. I think this command is your best bet, I am not aware of any other way to achieve your desired requirement.

Of course you could overload your MARS box with dozens of events and see the no of events/incident its processing. However due to the nature of SIM/SEM devices this is not always easy. With firewalls you can traffic generators/testers and get things tested pretty easily.

Regards

Farrukh

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

I'm only aware of sysstatus too. You can change some of the display settings(enter "?"), but it's not going to a good job of showing trends, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: