Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default IOS on the 2821 and 2811

What is the default IOS on the Cisco 2811 and 2821?

I am designing a network and need to know if I need to add an IOS into the quote.

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies 2

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Actually, You have to say cisco. I need these are features. They gives you IOS with such features.

You can also visit on www.cisco.com/go/fn , select by features and advice them upload that IOS.

Third after ship devices you will have support username and password, You can download any IOS. If you have doubt you can open up a TAC case and ask them Is it chargable or non-chargable IOS.

Most of IOS are non-chargable , based on your licences.

Thanks,

Dharmesh Purohit

Chris

It is difficult to give a really good and precise answer to your question because there are several perspectives and multiple variables in the process. But basically I believe that depending on your requirements, that yes you will probably have to add something in the quote to get the feature set that you want.

First lets consider the version of IOS. By default the router will probably come with a fairly recent version of IOS as the default. If you want a particular version of IOS you can put that into the order and most of the time you will not pay extra to get a particular version of code.

Then lets consider feature set. Probably the router will come with IPBASE (or its equivalent) as the default feature set. If you need more advanced routing protocols, or other special features you will probably need to order the router with a different feature set, and the different feature sets will carry an increment over the base price.

As Dharmesh says, you can generally change "versions" without extra charge. But changing feature sets will involve an extra charge.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card