Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not access CCM web site

3dtgnt_ljm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi :

I have a CCM and version is 5.1 , I found I always can not open the web site of CCM when the server work about one month, but I can ping the address of CCM and the ip phone is ok, if I restart the CCM server then I can access the web site,why ?

11 Replies 11

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your problem is likely to be tomcat service...

You do not need to restart callmanager...

Just go to your CLI..type

utils service restart Cisco Tomcat.

This could be happening as a result of memory leak/bug, I had similar problem with CCm5.1.3a (5.1.3-1000) and cisco TAC recommended that its abug with that version of CCM.

Please rate all useful posts

thank you very much! I will try it tomorrow, yes, I found there is only 20M memery left but the CCM server has 2000M!

Ok.

Remember to rate my post if it helps! :)

linux always takes as much memory as it can to improve performance, that would not be any abnormal situation having little free memory

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

javalenc,

Can you help out here...

Tomcat wont start for this guy...Is there anything he should do or should he just log a TAC case...

Looks like a TAC case to me. There are Linux sylog files that may provide an anwser. Access is via CLI to download the files. I do not have details of how to get these files TAC will have it.

I once had a problem on Unity Connection (also linux applience) where Tomac was dying. There where over problems and root cause turned out to be a bad disk and disk mirroring. CPU was spiking trying to mirror bad disk. Strange but true.

3dtgnt_ljm
Level 1
Level 1

unluckily,after I input utils service restart Cisco Tomcat in the CLI, it said:

service manager is running

service manager response list for list request is NULL

component is not running

Cisco Tomcat [NOTRUNNING]

I try to use : utils service start Cisco Tomcat , and it is the same result.It seemed that there has no tomcat.

My CCM version is 5.1.3 1000-12

How can I do ?

You need to open a TAC case on this. This may be a defect. They will also give you directions for retrieving logs.

Another option is to upgrade, it is easy to do now with 5.x and above. The latest 5.1.x release as of today is 5.1(3c). 6.1.x is also recommended release if you decide to dive there.

the service is not running, so you cannot restart something that is not running

have you tried starting it??

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

javalenc,

he tried starting tomcat from his post...

I try to use : utils service start Cisco Tomcat , and it is the same result.It seemed that there has no tomcat.

My CCM version is 5.1.3 1000-12

How can I do ?

3dtgnt_ljm
Level 1
Level 1

Very strange , I can access the website of ccm yesterday didn't reboot the ccm server, but I changed nothing !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: