cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console problem - only 1 incoming line.

david.keith
Level 1
Level 1

The problem I am having is there is only 1 incoming line so if the attendant console user is on a call then any incoming callers receive an enagaged tone.

We are running Attendant Console 1.4(1 ES14) on Call Manager v4.1. All attendant console features appear to be working normally.

I have setup a pilot point and associated it and the handset line number with ac user. By default there is only 1 handset and 1 attendant console user being used with the attendant console.

The phone being used with AC is a 7961 with 1 line setup.

I am aware of call queuing but that is not suitable for our environment.

I need to increase available lines to >1 and despite all my efforts I have been unable to find any way to do this.

Is this a limitation of the attendant console system or some configuration error on my part?

Do I need to put more lines on the phone and include these in the hunt group? This seems like a waste of phone lines!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

You are right on the money here my friend :) You do need to add more lines to the Hunt Group and phone but don't forget these don't need to be DID lines. For example, really only the Pilot # needs to be reachable from the PSTN the other Line members can be local (Internal Only) numbers.

Say your DID range is xxx-xxx-2000 to xxx-xxx-2299, you could use the 4xxx range of numbers for Internal applications such as this.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Have you tried increased the max number of calls and busy triggers?

Please rate if useful....

Busy trigger for the associated handset extension is set to 4, maximum calls is set to 8.

Changing these settings has no effect on Pilot point max calls/busy trigger.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

You are right on the money here my friend :) You do need to add more lines to the Hunt Group and phone but don't forget these don't need to be DID lines. For example, really only the Pilot # needs to be reachable from the PSTN the other Line members can be local (Internal Only) numbers.

Say your DID range is xxx-xxx-2000 to xxx-xxx-2299, you could use the 4xxx range of numbers for Internal applications such as this.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the useful info Rob. This seems to get around the problem successfully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: