Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT with 6.1.2

Amith Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to insert phone records in unified communications manager 6.1.2 using BAT. First I downloaded the bat.xlt template and then constructed the .CSV file, with single line. I uploaded the file to CCM and then tried associating with a custom file format. Am getting an error while associating with the file format "cisco.ccm.bps.common.BPSException: nullBAT Exception : AddFileFormat::setFileFormatCSV: File already has the format"

I moved ahead and tried to validate the phones with the phone template I created but am getting an error message "2001 CSV contains more number of lines than are supported by the phone template"

I initially created the phone template with 2 lines and then tried with single line but still get the same error.

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Amith,

Here are the steps you need to follow to use BAT..

1. use your bat.xlt file to create your csv file. Make sure that the number of lines you select is less than or equals to the number of line on your phone template.

2. Save the file to a location.

Make sure that when you open the file with notepad, there is no blanks between the first line and the last line....This is how to test this...Put your cursor on the first line of your file, then press ctrl&end (key pads on your pc). This should take you to the last letter/number/xter on your file..it should not go to the next line after your last xter. If it does, place your cursor on the last xter and press delete for a while till al the blanks are deleted and then try the test again

3. Go to CCMadmin page>Bulk Administration>Upload/download files>

4. In the file fiels, use the browse menu to select the file you created earlier

5. In the select target field, select either phones/users (depending on what you want)

6.in the select xmision type, choose insert phones..specific details...click save

7. You can validate the phones to be sure your phone template and csv file are okay.

To validate go to CCMadmin>>BAT>phones>validate..

once your validation is good..you should be okay...(sometimes I get error validationg and I still import succesfully)

8. Finally to complete your BAT process..go to CCMadmin>BAT>phones>insert>select insert specific details> then choose your csv file and phone template.

Let me knw how this goes

select your csv file

Please rate all useful posts

hello,

First of all thank you for your detailed steps. I follwed the same exact steps (now I made sure that there is no leading spaces in the text file). I get stuck while validating the phones. Am attaching the the phone template I am using for validation. Also below is the error message I am seeing

"2001 CSV contains more number of lines than are supported by the phone template.

Result Summary :

VALIDATE for 0 PHONE passed.

VALIDATE for 320 PHONE failed.

End Time : 07/08/2008 16:59:57

And while add the file format I am getting the following error

Add Phone File Format

Begin Time : 07/08/2008 17:04:22

End Time : 07/08/2008 17:04:22

Adding File Format to the CSV File : BatNewPhones.txt

The job of adding the File Format is :Failure

Failure Details :

----------------------------------------------------

cisco.ccm.bps.common.BPSException: nullBAT Exception : AddFileFormat::setFileFormatCSV: File already has the format.

Please see if this helps

you dont need to add the file format. The file format is already a csv file.

That step is used if you are not using the bat.xlt file.

Dont add the file format, you noticed I did not put that step in the steps I sent to you.

There is nothing attached here. Attach the phone template again

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Below is a good BAT admin guide, though its for ccm 5.1.3, its almost the same for ccm6.1

http://www.cisco.or.at/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b10bat.html

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Can you paste your CSV file here? Did you try by creating another template & associating to it?

You can try with Maste Phone template as well (given in the following link).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_2_3/bat_ovr.html#wpxref37296

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Yes I tried creating another template and tried but no luck. I dont think I can upload this CSV file but lemme check.

The CSV file is just a text file. you should be able to upload it

Hi all,

I got this working. I had missied adding the line template inside the phone template.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Amith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: