cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

R1841 NO IOS

powergate
Level 1
Level 1

My router 1841 starts in rommon>1 mode i need a procedure to download an ios in the router, i already have the ios.

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Type "tftpdnld", it will show you the setting you've to do for a tftp copy.

Please rate post if it helps!

There is not ios how can i put an ip address?

You can "set" the IP address and other variables used by tftpdnld. It will not go into the config file and will not be applied permanently, but it will set the variable in rommon and the tftpdnld process can use the address to access the server and download the IOS.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

by the way you can put an IOS on Compact Flash using your PC.

How to do this?

Use any card reader that can read Compact Flash Card.

Put IOS on Compact Flash Card

Insert Compact Flash Card in your 1841

What 's the diffrence between the ip add for this unit and the default gateway for this unit? in the procedure?

The IP address supplied for the procedure is the IP address that the router will use for itself. If the TFTP server is in a subnet that is local to the router (both router and server in the same broadcast domain and in the same subnet) then the default gateway is not needed. If the TFTP server is remote from the router (in a different subnet) then the router will forward to the configured default gateway any traffic intended for the TFTP server.

One way to think of this is that in this procedure the router is acting like an IP host. And an IP host needs a default gateway to access remote resources.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: