Views
Helpful
Replies

PC Port not working on IP Phones with CUCM 6.1

telecodi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody

I'm installing CUCM 6.1 on one of my best customers but I'm experiencing problems whn connecting the PCs to the device port on the IP phones.

All the phones are connected to a 3750G-PoE and registered with the CUCM. When I attached a PC on the phone's PC port, the PC's NIC doesn't come up. I have checked the cable connecting the PC directly to the switch, and it goes fine. I have also tried it wirh different IP phones (2 7941 and 2 7961) with the same result: the PC doesn't have connection.

I have also verified that in Phone's configuration page, the 'PC Port' is enabled.

Any help?

DAni

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Back to basics...

Your using a straight through cable between the phone and PC?

When you say no link.. are you saying there are no green lights on the PC NIC?

Are the phones registered with CallManager and working normally? (apart from this?)

Cheers,

Tim

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Are you saying the actual link light doesnt even come on?

It sounds like they have the speed / duplex hardcoded on the PC's possibly.

Check the PC NIC settings are not set to full duplex and 100Mbps or 1000Mbps or something?

If they are - set them to auto.

Rinse.. repeat. :)

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim

I have already checked my PC NIC and it is in Auto mode (both speed and duplex). I have tried with 2 other PC with the same result. I have no link on the PCs when they are connected to the IP phone

More ideas?

DAni

Back to basics...

Your using a straight through cable between the phone and PC?

When you say no link.. are you saying there are no green lights on the PC NIC?

Are the phones registered with CallManager and working normally? (apart from this?)

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim

it seems I have a strange ethernet cables. I have tested 3 cords that worked fine when connecting the PC directly to the switch but didn't work when connecting the PC to the IP phone. After 3 lost hours, I have decided to go to my office and collect some new cables. Everything works now.

So, if you ever experience some problem like that, suspect about the cable. My god, 3 hours lost for a 'magic' cables.

Thank you very much for your time, Tim

DAni

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post a brief config of your switch...

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: