MSG: [OK]out of room in table, cannot set "SLOTCACHE"

Unanswered Question
Jul 8th, 2008

After Command WR MEM the router outputed the message: [OK]out of room in table, cannot set "SLOTCACHE".

Anybody knows what it can be?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
purohit_810 Tue, 07/08/2008 - 04:48

Explanation This message indicates that information regarding the configuration of the module in the specified slot is missing. Any configuration in the startup-config for the interfaces will not be applied. If the module in the specified slot is a FlexWAN, the missing configuration information is details of the Port Adapters in the FlexWAN module. This information is missing from the SLOTCACHE ROMMON variable.

Recommended Action If the module in the slot specified in the error message has not previously been inserted, it has no previous configuration; therefore, no action is required. If the configuration for the specified slot in the startup-config is suitable for the module in that slot, manually apply the configuration after the module has loaded by one of the following two methods. The second method requires a system reload: Enter the copy nvram:startup-config system:running-config command to re-apply your saved configuration, then enter the no shutdown command on all interfaces whose configuration was rejected,then enter the copy system:running-config nvram:startup-config command to save your configuration and the WAN module slot configuration. - Enter the copy command to copy your startup-config to a temporary location (for example, copy nvram:startup-config bootflash:tmp-config), then enter the copy system:running-config nvram:startup-config command to update the WAN module slot configuration, then enter the copy command to restore the temporary copy of the startup-config (for example, copy bootflash:tmp-config nvram:startup-config), then enter the reload command to reload the system. After using the second method, you may wish to use the delete command to remove the temporary copy of the startup-config. To prevent this condition from recurring, ensure that the SLOTCACHE variable is updated whenever modules that require it (FlexWANs, but not OSMs) are moved between slots in the chassis. The SLOTCACHE variable is updated when the running-config is written to the startup-config using the copy system:running-config nvram:startup-config command (or the deprecated write memory equivalent). The two methods of restoring the configuration for the module shown above ensure the SLOTCACHE variable is updated.

- Dharmesh Purohit

andy_goes Tue, 07/08/2008 - 05:35

Thanks for your reply.

I had already find this explanation:

site: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SXF/system/messages/emsg.html#SLOTCACHE

But I was corcerned if it can be executed on a flexwan that has previous configuration. Maybe in this case I can use the second method that requires a system reload. Isn't it?

See the message below:

mcscec01.scec.psys#wr mem

Building configuration...

[OK]out of room in table, cannot set "SLOTCACHE"

Actions

This Discussion