Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.3 hardware requirements

Hello,

I am little confused here. I have just finished reading an upgrade notes for CCM 4.3 and found out that 2GB of RAM is required. So, I purchase additional RAM for 7835H-2.4-EVV1 (it is equipped with 1GB) and prepare for installation. And, here it is, a suprise... I was told that Windows 2003 (which is a part of 4.3 installation) requires 72GB of free disk space, and my 7835H-2.4 is equipped only with 36GB disks (2 disks running RAID 1 + 0). This requirement was not mentioned in 4.3 upgrade notes. So, will I be able to perform this upgrade or I have to spend more USDs on additional SCSI disks?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Krzystof,

Sadly yes, you are going to have to spend some more money :( This is noted in the CCM 4.3 release notes;

Cisco Unified CallManager 4.3(1) requires a minimum of the following items on the Cisco MCS servers.

•2 GB of memory

•72 GB disk drive

•2 GHz processor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution This Cisco Unified Communications operating system requires a minimum of 2 GB of memory on the server. If the installation process detects less than 2 GB memory on the server, the installation aborts.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/4_3/cucm-rel_note-431.html#wp2566469

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob. I have read the upgrade procedure but I think I somehow missed those release notes. Unfortunately, additional four SCSI disks will most likely exceed an approved budget, so I was thinking about another solution. Is it technicaly possible to get rid of RAID 1 structure and create single 72GB logical volume? I know I risk the whole server failure in case of one disk mulfunction but I still have subscriber running and, in addition, those 7835H-2.4 will be replaced next year as they are EOL. Is it possible to peform an upgrade from 3.3 to 4.3 in that way? Has anyone done that before?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: