NAC Framework with TrendMicro Policy Server? External Posture Assessment?

Unanswered Question
Jul 8th, 2008

Hi

I've got a NAC Framework 2.1 setup using NAC-L2-802.1x with 2950 switches and so far it's working great. I've recently begun testing NAC with TrendMicro OfficeScan, which includes the Trend Policy Server for Cisco NAC.

I've imported the Trend.adf file, created a new Internal Posture Validation to check these TrendAV settings (DAT version, protection enabled, etc) and it is working great with the clients. (Healthy if up to date, quarantined if out of date).

What I'm trying to do is get this integrated with the Trend Policy Server for Cisco NAC. I've created an External Posture Validation entry for the Trend Policy Server;

https://win2k3std:4343/antibody

And have supplied it with the password (no username is needed to login to the web console of this server). I've also selected Trend:AV as the forwarding credential. I've gone into Network Access Profiles and made sure this was selected as an External Posture Validation Server and set it to quarantine under "Failure Posture Token". When I test this from the client (once I've enable External Posture Validation), it always ends up quarantined (even though the client is fully up to date). If I disable the External Posture Validation server from the NAP, the client test passes as Healthy (since all AV is up to date).

I've got the Policy Server for Cisco NAC defined under NAC on my Trend OfficeScan server, and on the Policy Server for Cisco NAC, I've got the OfficeScan server defined. Yet, no matter what I've tried, the client always fails with this msg in the CSACS logs;

Posture Validation Failure on External Policy

Does anyone have any experience or help with this. Thanks very much.

Jason Humes

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion