cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

required code for 1252 with N

michael.lussier
Level 1
Level 1

I understand there are some issues with some versions of code not working with the 1252 and N.

Can some one clarrify this please. I'm not permiteed to run the latest code and that normally means that I have to run 2 revs back. currently I'm running 4.2.61.0 accross the campus.

20 Replies 20

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

The minimum version of code you need is a little gray - depends on what you want to do with your 1250, and how you're going to power it.

(There are various issues with 802.3af, PoE+, using multiple radios, etc...)

Can you tell us a little more about (a) how you'll power the APs, if PoE, what switch & IOS, and (b) how many Radios you plan to use?

Sorry about that, The 1252 are running lwapp. they will be powered off of dedicated 3560E switches.

Im looking to get the most out of these AP's.

You need to have at least the 12.2(44)SE on the 3560E switches to get the 20W.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

dbentley
Level 1
Level 1

We are using, as Cisco recommends for testing:

WLC (We are using a 4404-100 for testing) or WiSM runing 4.2.130

3560E running:

(C3560E-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 12.2(44)SE

There are a bunch of commnds needed on the 3560E as well as the WLC. I can post them if needed.

I do have a 300Mbps connection to my Dell D830 with Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N, once again as suggested by Cisco. I am maxing out about 60Mbps using iperf. Working on tweaking iperf to see if I can up the speed.

And obviously if you're aiming for max throughput, you need to enable 40MHz channels to get the high N-rates.

APs should be connected to gig ports, and have full power / be mains powered.

You should be using a 4400 / WiSM

(2100 / WLCM only run at 100Mbps, so realistic max is only ~80Mbps.)

The post have been fantastic in the numbers that I have been seeing.

I have been away from the computer since yesterday afternoon. I have enjoyed looking at all the info I have seen. I have my switches in place. I'm waiting on the antennas to come in so I can move forward with the implementation of the 1252's . Currently I have 1242's deployed in my area right now.

I see I need to upgrade my code first from 4.2.61.0 to 4.2.130 while I'm waiting on the antennas.

Curious to see if you are running version 5 on the WCS or if you are still back on version 4. I have heard mixed comments and the last one re-inforced the stance to stay on 4 for now at least until version 5.2 comes out.

Well your connection of 300Mbps is good. All I can say is try doing an ftp transfer or use another utility. You will not get 300mbps, maybe 150mbps because of the overhead.

-Scott

Also, when you are using iperf, is the other device on the wireless or on the LAN.

-Scott

When I am using iperf the -s machine is a hard wired host with 1000Mbps connection on the same 2960G that our 4404-100 is connected to. Both the laptop and the desktop are on the same vlan as well.

Okay... So I would assume that the ap is also on that 2960G switch. What does iperf show if you test two laptops on hardwired... just for curiosity. I have seen hight throughput when I tested it.... might try it later.

-Scott

No. The ap is connected at 1000/FD to a 3560E-POE with the port setting -

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

power inline port maximum 20000

switchport access vlan 182

switchport mode access

URW-3560E-Test#sho power inline g0/2

Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max

(Watts)

--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----

Gi0/2 auto on 20.0 AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 3 20.0

This switch is gig'd to the 2960G. I will hardwire the laptop to the same switch and see if this makes a difference. I have not verified that. Thanks.

Just kind of get an average of the gigabit... Then set the ports to 100mbps and the client to 100mbps and test again just to get a baseline.

-Scott

Here is the wired-wired iperf test. This tread was not stared by me. I was commenting about the configurations on the WLC and 3560E. But... If I can get others to help me with getting close 150Mbps throughput I'm good with that too.

Here is the file sorry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: