cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA Enabled

pchristensen
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a comprehensive list of all devices that have IP SLA support? Could someone point me to it?

thanks

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any IOS device is IP SLA capable. You can use the Feature Navigator at http://www.cisco.com/go/fn/ to determine if a given image has IP SLA. In general, any IP PLUS or higher image starting in 11.2(18)P is IP SLA capable in some form or another.

Hi There,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping that there was a complete list available somewhere on the Cisco site rather than looking at each device separately. I remember seeing something somewhere, but don't remember where.

thanks again for your help.

Actually, this is a bit out of date which is why I didn't post it earlier. As of 12.2(44)SG, the Cat4500 DOES support IP SLA. The Feature Navigator is a better reference as while all IOS devices are CAPABLE of supporting IP SLA, different IOS versions and feature sets will offer different IP SLA features (and recent IP ONLY images do not offer IP SLA at all).

Hello, do I need a Data license to configure a router with ip sla responder ?

I do have a data license for my IP SLA agent, but just wondering if I need to purchase

licenses for the routers that will be the responders.

The responder is available for free in IPBASE licenses.  You'll need something greater than IPBASE (e.g., IPSERVICES) to get the agent that can initiate operations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: