Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.0.1 device discovery issue

rwang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue of device discovery in DFM 3.0.1.

I installed LMS 3.0.1 on a standalone server based on VMWare Infrastructure 3. Common Services, Campus Manager, CiscoView, RME and IPM are working properly so far.

When I tried to import devices from DCR in DFM, the discovery status always hangs on "Pending" or "Learning" with a progress of 10%. I also noticed that two processes are always shutdown automatically on the server whenever the server is restarted:

"Processes DFMCTMStartup, DataPurge are down".

Any hints to troubleshoot this issue please? Thank you very much in advance!

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM do you have? If less than 3.0.3, you should upgrade to 3.0.3, to see if this is the known DLL conflict bug.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM do you have? If less than 3.0.3, you should upgrade to 3.0.3, to see if this is the known DLL conflict bug.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

It seems that I'm using DFM 3.0.2 (see attached screen shot).

Is this a known issue only resolved in version 3.0.3? How can I download and upgrade to 3.0.3?

Thank you.

There is a DLL conflict that exists in all versions of DFM 3.0 prior to 3.0.3 which could cause devices to hang at 10%. DFM 3.0.3 can be downloaded through Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

Ok, I'm downloading DFM 3.0.3 now to give a try.

I will keep you posted after a few minutes. Thanks again!

Hi Jclarke,

All device status in my DFM turned into "Known" after I install the version 3.0.3.

I appreciate so much for your valuable help to this issue!

Have a nice day!

Richard

Sorry, I forgot the screenshot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: