cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow user(s) to add / remove a DN

fr0z3nph03n1x
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know what the best way to achieve this scenario. I have a DN, lets say x2000. One phone always has this number. I would like to have other phones / users to be able to back this line up (answer calls) if it is busy. I also need to be able to have those other phones / users to be able to remove x2000 if they do not need to back it up that day. Is there a way a user can add and remove a DN on a day to day basis similar to Extension Mobility?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

have you thought about Hlog for this scenario??

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

EM (Ext. Mobility) is the best option for this, as long as you enable it to allow multiple logins. They all will work like shared lines and can answer multiple calls (Depends on Busy trigger, Max calls).

Otherwise you can use MLA to assign rights to users to administer the phone page to add remove DNs as required, but it wont be very granular.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

have you thought about Hlog for this scenario??

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Thank you for your reply.

I Have considered this option, however the other users have their own exts as well. So when the use EM they will lose their number when the sign in. Can you sign in just one ext?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: