CUCCX Upgrade Paths

Answered Question
Jul 8th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

can anyone point me to an Upgrade matrix or diagram for the IPCCX/CUCCX products. This information is readily available for the various CCM/CUCM versions but I can't seem to find similar for the Contact Centre products.

I am in the process if upgrading CCM 3.3(4) to 6.1(2) (via 4.1(3)) and need to upgrade IPCCX 3.1 to a newer version (either 5 or 6). Can I do this directly or which intermediate upgrades might I need to do ?

If all else fails, I believe I can simply re-build new servers with CUCCX 5 or 6 and import relevant configs from 3.1 ?

Best wishes,

Matt

Correct Answer by bigcappa1 about 8 years 11 months ago

Hi,

Did an upgrade last weekend from version 4 to 5.0.2 (As Chris says UCCX6 is no good for CUCM6, confusing I know)

The callmanager was upgraded from 4.1 to 6.1.2 so to support 6.1.2 we had to use 5.0.2 UCCX.

There is no import/export data functionality. But here is what I did.

1. Screen print every page on the IPCCX, they have changed the names slightly in UCCX but you will catch on very quickly.

2. Take a IPPX backup incase you have to fallback (but once you ave upgraded to CUCM6 it doesnt matter).

3. Copy all the scripts and prompts to your PC or an accessible shared drive

4. Build the version 5.0.2 UCCX as per the documentation.

5. Once built and a new administrator has been added (see docs for more info)download the CRS Editor for version five, install and open it using the admin login NOT the anon login.

6. Open the old scripts in the V5 editor and then save them. I saved them appending the v5 name so I had a copy of both. e.g script1.aef and saved as script1v5.aef. You wont have to do anything just open them in the editor and then save them again. This should save you having to make new scripts.

7. Upload scripts prompts etc as required and you should be good to go.

8. All the information, extension ranges trigger points and the like should be ported over to callmanager if the interaction is correct. Make sure the AXL service in CUCM is running.

I built one from scratch (OS and app) and configured for a 20 user callcentre in about 6 hours but probably could have done it quicker as we were also upgrading unity at the time.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Paul

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Chris Deren Tue, 07/08/2008 - 18:03
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

For CM 6.1 you will require UCCX 5.0 for which there is no upgrade path from UCCX 3.1, the only upgrade patch to 5.0 is from 4.5, but unfortunatelly there is no upgrade path to 4.5 from anything previous.

The only way to get it to work is to rebuild the server with windows 2003 (assuming the servers meets the requirements), installing UCCX 5.0 and importing everything manually.

Sorry :-(

UCCX 6.0 works only with CM 4.3, so your only option is UCCX 5.0.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Correct Answer
bigcappa1 Wed, 07/09/2008 - 02:07
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi,

Did an upgrade last weekend from version 4 to 5.0.2 (As Chris says UCCX6 is no good for CUCM6, confusing I know)

The callmanager was upgraded from 4.1 to 6.1.2 so to support 6.1.2 we had to use 5.0.2 UCCX.

There is no import/export data functionality. But here is what I did.

1. Screen print every page on the IPCCX, they have changed the names slightly in UCCX but you will catch on very quickly.

2. Take a IPPX backup incase you have to fallback (but once you ave upgraded to CUCM6 it doesnt matter).

3. Copy all the scripts and prompts to your PC or an accessible shared drive

4. Build the version 5.0.2 UCCX as per the documentation.

5. Once built and a new administrator has been added (see docs for more info)download the CRS Editor for version five, install and open it using the admin login NOT the anon login.

6. Open the old scripts in the V5 editor and then save them. I saved them appending the v5 name so I had a copy of both. e.g script1.aef and saved as script1v5.aef. You wont have to do anything just open them in the editor and then save them again. This should save you having to make new scripts.

7. Upload scripts prompts etc as required and you should be good to go.

8. All the information, extension ranges trigger points and the like should be ported over to callmanager if the interaction is correct. Make sure the AXL service in CUCM is running.

I built one from scratch (OS and app) and configured for a 20 user callcentre in about 6 hours but probably could have done it quicker as we were also upgrading unity at the time.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Paul

mattepps645 Wed, 07/09/2008 - 02:27
User Badges:

Paul,

many thanks for your detailed response - I suspected this would have to be the approach !!

You would think Cisco would create upgrade tools like the CUCM DMA to ease the pain !!!

Best wishes,

Matt

Actions

This Discussion