Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-5520 Transparent Mode with NAT

javiercastro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have seen that starting with sw version 8.0 it is possible to configure NAT with a firewall in transparent mode.

I have an scenario where the upstream router (internet gateway) is performing NAT. Due to this reason sometimes the router processing rises over 90% and starts refusing connections of my users. The firewall is placed between the router and the Core LAN Switch and I have to used in transparent mode (long history). The question is: Have anybody used this feature in transparent mode? Does it work just like in routed mode? that means using PAT whenever the IP address from the pool are exhausted?

Many thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, It works perfectly fine. You may create multible NAT table also, 8.0 also supports EIGRP routing prtocol that is adjectly same working normal eigrp works in to router and switch.

Still you can't crate subinterfaces but that you can accomplish by creating VLAN.

Let me know if any more questins.

Thanks,

Dharmesh Purohit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card