Views
Helpful
Replies

Max number of LACP channels on Cat3750G

vincent-n
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all

I just wanted to know what is the max number of LACP channels that can be configured on a Cat3750G-24TS-1U switch? Tried looking on the net but can't find one. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

muca
Level 3
Level 3

A set of up to 16 potential links can be defined for each EtherChannel. Through LACP, a switch selects up to eight of these having the lowest port priorities as active EtherChannel links at any given time. The other links are

placed in a standby state and will be enabled in the EtherChannel if one of the active links goes down.

Wow, this is what I call a classic case of ... 'over engineering' up to 16 ports in a port channel.

Anyway, thanks for the answer but it's not what I'm after. I'm after how many port channels that I can configure on the switch, NOT the number of members in a port channel.

Here's another question, asssume that the max number of LACP channels has been reached, can I add more channels using other technologies such as PAgP? If the answer is YES then I wonder how many PAgP channels I can have on the switch. Thank you.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Maximum total is 12 per box according to the doc I saw. Also saw a blurb about 48 per stack.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco