Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Connectivity Issues to AIP-SSM-10

mkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a ASA-5520 with AIP-SSM Module in it. I have done the basic "setup" on the module and assigned it an IP address. I am using IME to connect to the IPS module. The ASA-IPS is at a remote location and has a private IP address. I have a linux server in the same subnet as the IPS IP address. I am connecting to that server remotely through SSH and doing port forwarding to connect to IPS IP address. When I start IME and connect to the locally forwarded port it connects to my IPS module perfactly fine. Please see the attached screen capture "IME_IPS_Error-1.gif" and the column where it says "event status : connected". So far so good, now I click on "configuration" tab and I get an error, please see the "IME_IPS_Error-2.gif" for the error detail. Can anyone send me some pointers to resolve this issue?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Here is some more infore information:

AIP-SSM-10 module

Cisco ASA Software Version 7.2(2)19

ASDM Version 5.2(2)58

Cisco IPS Manager Express Verion 6.1

Cisco IPS version 6.1(1)E1

Platform: ASA-SSM-10

I have attached the IME Console java error log "IME_Console_err_log.TXT" also.

I was able to resolve the issue. Earlier (when I had trouble) I was doing a port forwarding as localhost:10031=>IPS:443 and IME was connecting to localhost:10031. So I was getting to the IPS/IME home page and the device status was connected but when I clicked on "Configuration" tab I got error.

To resolve the issue I did the port forwarding as follows:

127.0.0.102:443=>IPS:443 and then IME was connecting to 127.0.0.102:443 and everything worked fine. Looks like earlier when I clicked on "Configuration" it tried/redirected to connect to localhost:443 intead of localhost:10031. I have attached the network diagram and the screen captures of the resolution.

The problem resolved for IDM 6.1 but IME still has the same problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: