cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS & Solaris IPMP

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It appears as long as LMS is bound to the one single floating virtual IP addr in gatekeeper.cfg, it should work. Nonetheless I'm wondering if there's any caveat. Does LMS play nice with IPMP's outbound load spreading feature, if at all?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Funny you should ask. I was just working on an IPMP SR, and found one bug in CSTM which I needed to patch, CSCsr20682. You will also want to set SS_CHECKIP=false in /opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/ss.properties.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Funny you should ask. I was just working on an IPMP SR, and found one bug in CSTM which I needed to patch, CSCsr20682. You will also want to set SS_CHECKIP=false in /opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/ss.properties.

Thanks! Which version of LMS does this bug apply to? How do I obtain this patch, for LMS 3.0 or 3.1?

Do we need to disable IPMP's outbound load spreading feature (if it's possible)?

The bug applies to all versions of LMS 2.5 and higher, but it was found in LMS 2.6. The patch is available via the TAC. While I don't think load sharing would cause issues, we never tested LMS with IPMP, and the more features you use, the more potential there are for bugs.

Just thought of another question: If we have IPMP set up beforehand and assign DNS names to the IP addrs on the two physical interfaces, does LMS pick one of these two hostnames and stick it in files such as /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIServer.properties, which will require manually adjusting later to the DNS name for the virtual one? Is there a list of such files that'd be modified?

LMS will use the servers hostname (basically the output of the hostname command) everywhere a hostname is required. If this changes for ANY reason, you need to follow the hostname change procedures. ANIServer.properties does not need to be changed as part of that, but you can if you like.

I got the patch (ctm.jar) from TAC, but without any installation steps. It's normally fine, except there're eight ctm.jars in /opt/CSCOpx/. Which one(s) should this replace?

./htdocs/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar

./MDC/tomcat/webapps/campus/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar

./MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwhp/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar

./MDC/tomcat/webapps/CVng/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar

./MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar

./MDC/tomcat/webapps/cmapps/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar

./MDC/tomcat/webapps/ipm/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar

./MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/ctm.jar

What is the checksum of the file you received, and what version of LMS are you using?

cksum ctm.jar

3658201325 146109 ctm.jar

I'm using LMS 2.6 (CS 3.0.6), but I only want the patch for LMX 3.0 or 3.1, which TAC said this file was for.

This is only for LMS 3.0.1, and will not work with any other version. The file is designed to replace /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwhp/WEB-INF/lib/ctm.jar.

Does it apply to 3.1? Does 3.1 need it? That's the version I'm going to.

LMS 3.1 will require the patch, but this does NOT apply to LMS 3.1, ONLY 3.0.1.

Is there a patch available for 3.1 then? If so, can you provide the checksum so I can compare once I get the corresponding patch?

I have not produced a 3.1 patch yet.

Any ETA on having one available for public consumption, so I can check back with TAC again?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: