Views
Helpful
Replies

Stop Playing Ring tone

marwa_ads
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am playing a ring tone on a certain time to some phones, can the phone stop this ring tone if he needs.

i am using "play:myringtone.raw" in the execute object. so can i add a softkey on the ipphone so the ipphone user can stop this ringtone??

Thanks alot,

Marwa

10 Replies 10

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

Have you tried Exit or Cancel or softkey URIs?

No, i can't make such softkey, what i'll tell it to do,

In RTP streaming there's a stop command which i can give to the softkey,

but here in playing the ringtone what action can i give to the softkey to do?

Thanks alot for your help,

Marwa

I don't think there's a way to stop playback. If you have CCM6 what you could try is activate DND via CTI (sorry.. you need (J)TAPI here.. the simplistic XML doesn't allow that kind of control) to mute the phone. This works if a phone is ringing because a call is coming in, so I suppose it would also silence the phone if you have it playing a ringtone from an application. Then once the tone should no longer be playing, remove the DND.

Just in case DND = do not disturb.

Thanks alot for your help,it's a good idea, I'll try it and tell you the result.

i have another question, if i need to stream this audio file not playing it as a ring tone, i tried to use the AvTransmit2.java class you sent before, and run this class on the streaming server, and on the phone i pushed the following:

Phone.push("RTPRx:10.30.0.52:20480","10.30.0.52","2005","12345",true);

so it can start receiving the stream but i received:

i don't know why, could you plz help me in this.

Thanks alot,

Marwa

I found the solution to this error, this is because wrong URI: it must be:

Phone.push("\'RTPRx:10.30.0.52:20480\'", "10.30.0.52", "sdkapps", "sdkapps", true);

but now i am receiving in the response object:

Data = "URI not found"

status = 6

plz help,

thanks alot,

Marwa

I modified the URI again to"RTPRx:10.30.0.52:20480"

and now no errors appeared, and the phone sensed that a stream is coming but i hear nothing, do a have to stream a certain format, i am streaming .wav format, any suggestions about the format of the file??

Thanks a lot,

Marwa

What kind of file are you streaming? As I write in the other thread I only tested CD quality files and nothing else. I know that G.711 files do not work even with the proper wav header.. if you want to handle arbitrary files you need to extend the software to check what kind of file it is and construct the transcoder chain appropriately (same thing goes for files like MP3s).

I am streaming the following format:

wav file

PCM

44kHZ

16 bit

Stereo

is this the right format?

That's what I'm streaming and it works just fine. The files I have were created from converting an MP3 to WAV using the DirectSound output plugin in winamp and that has never let me down

As a test insteall JMF and use the GUI based util (JMFTools or something like that) to listen to the stream.. if you don't hear something, then something is iffy with the sending.

Also, by pusing an RTPRx and an RTPTx request (one for phone 1, one for phone 2) do you hear anything?

It's working now Stephan,

i tested on IP phone 7912 and worked well.

i was testing b4 on communicator and this was the problem,

Thanks alot for your help,

Marwa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: