cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1130AG keep rebooting

rngai
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5 units of Lightweight AP1130 and they keep rebooting every 15 sec (seen from console). It query my DHCP server and straight away drop out and reboot. From my DHCP server, I could see DHCP request and release.

Since the AP is inline power, I could not disconnect the RJ45 and put in static IP. This happen to all the 5 units of AP.

Anyone have clue to troubleshoot? Last resort I may need to RMA all 5 units or open a tac. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, if your ap's are rebooting, it must be because the LAP's can't join the WLC. First make sure the time is the on the WLC and place the ap's on the same subnet and the WLC management and ap-manager's interface.... since you only have 5 LAP's. Make sure you have dhcp on that subnet also or you can set that up in the wlc if you want.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Spot the issue in WLC, the date/time is set back to 1980. Saw this message from message logs. Now the AP is up!

Sun Jan 6 00:41:57 1980 [ERROR] spam_lrad.c 5022: LWAPP Join-Request has invalid certificate in CERTIFICATE_PAYLOAD from AP 00:16:9c:ba:a8:e0. Make sure controller time is set!

Sun Jan 6 00:41:57 1980 [ERROR] sshpmPkiApi.c 1607: Current time outside AP cert validity interval: make sure the controller time is set

Thanks! Case resolved :)

Glad to help.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card