Views
Helpful
Replies

4400 Series WLAN Controller cluster setup features

mferhai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dear,

i configured two (2) 4400 Series WLAN Controller as cluster (one primary and one secondary - Active & standby)...It works fine...But i have only one concerns:

During my clustering tests, i noticed that when i switch-off the primary all Lightweight APs go to the secondary which is normal but when i switch-on the primary the Lightweight APs remain registred in the secondary...Is it normal? or i missed something?

Please advise

Best Regards

MF

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To make this work, you need three things:

1st, you need to have AP Fallback enabled on both WLC's.

2nd, you need to define the primary and secondary WLC on the AP itself.

3rd, you need to make sure both controllers are configured in the mobility group and has the same mobility group.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

DO you need to enter any configuration changes on both controllers or is there any feature to have this automatically ? ( e.g, if I create an access list on the primary, do I have to create it manullay on the secondary as well ?)

Yes you do since they don't sync together. If you have a WCS you can create a template and push that out.

-Scott

Forgot to mention.... if you are comfortable with using the cli, you can easily cut and paste the configurations to each controller.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807810d1.shtml

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card