Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding disks to 7835

Hi,

I have 7835H-2400 with CCM 3.3. It is equipped with two disks running RAID1. Now, I will be upgrading CCM to 4.3, which requires (Win2003) 72GB of disk space. I would like to purchase additional two disks for each of 7835s so I can have two disks (existing ones) configured as a single logical 72GB filesystem, and remaining two (new ones) configured as a mirror. It looks nice in theory, however, I haven't found anywhere any procedure or a guideline how to perfrm such task. When and how should I reconfigure RAID? Can I break existing RAID 1 and extend existing 36GB filesystem to 72GB? Will CCM3.3 accept that? Or should I re-create whole RAID structure during a bootup process just before installing Windows 2003? Is it possible to extend one logical filesystem through two 36GB disks, at all?

Cheers,

Krzysztof

1 Reply 1

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Follow the upgrade documentation as if you are doing new hardware. At the correct point, remove the old drives (label what slot they came out of), put the new drives in and start installing 4.3.

You can not extend / reduce RAID sets, or any of your other theories. You can only do that fancy RAID stuff in storage solutions like Netapp. Which CallManager doesn't support. Well, it might work, but don't think TAC would support it.