cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Name Display (794X, 796X, 797X)

allenelson
Level 1
Level 1

This is a question regarding CCM and the display on the top of the LCD. When you add a telephone, it automatically puts the extension number in the top right corner. How can this be changed to something else, like a name instead?

The equivalent for CCME would be the description command under the phone configuration. Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Hello

I was just messing around with my phone, and it appears that the area you are talking about is controlled by the "external phone number mask" field. However, the only valid characters for that field are numbers, the letter X, and * and #. I did verify this by changing the text in that field, and the display on the top of the LCD changed.

Hope that helped.

Correct, I've also been in there which makes absolutely no sense at all. However, that is under the directory number settings. That isn't set on a per phone basis. Something so simple like this shouldn't be so hard to find out?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that call manager doesn't let you customize this field like you can using the "description" command under ephone-dn configuration in CME.

crazy isn't it? what i have a harder time believing is that over the years no one got this into the system through requests..

anyone else have any input on the subject?

Ken has it right. The one minor detail that he may have missed/didn't mention is that it will be populated by the external phone number mask for the DN appearing on button 1 for that phone (not bashing you, Ken!).

Changing the mask for any other line appearing on the phone will have no effect on the information bar display.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: