Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phone logo like screen saver .jpg format

sunishnair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know how can we configure the our company logo to the ip phones. Like of phone is not using that the same time i want to get some screen savers, how can we configure

Regards

sunish

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you do not mention CUCM version nor phone models (please do so when posting as instructions are different per version and per model) so look "idle url" within CCO and look for the info that matches version.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi,

CCM Version is 4.1.3 and IP Phone model is 7970G.

The problem which I am facing here is in the idle URL,even though I convert a color image to xml file and apply it to the 7970 IP Phone it displays it in the monochrome format.

Request you to kindly suggest so that I could use color graphics for idle url.

Background image is working perfectly fine with color but the same image is displaying as monochrome in idle url..

Thanks,

Sunish

cisco1357
Level 1
Level 1

please follow the following procedure to get it done.

First we need to open the respective Image in MS Paint and while saving the image

save it in .PNG format (Portable Network Graphics) format on the Desktop of our laptop.

2) Later use an Image Converter for e.g Irfanview Image converter to resize the Image as

per the respective model of the phone.

3) Open the image in the Irfanview converter and go to Image ->Resize/Resample option

to set the width and height of the Image.

4) For setting the colour depth option go to the Image->Increase/Decrease colour depth

option

5) Go to the Cisco Unified OS Administration option and go to the option TFTP File

Management under software upgrades.

6) Query for the List.xml file over here .By default there should be available a List.xml

file available in the CUCM.

7) Incase there is no List.xml file available we would need to create one as shown below

FTP:Desktops/320x196x4/TN-GELOGO1.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x196x4/GELOGO1.png"/>

FTP:Desktops/320x196x4/TN-GELOGO2.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x196x4/GELOGO2.png"/>

FTP:Desktops/320x212x16/TN-GELOGO3.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/GELOGO3.png"/>

FTP:Desktops/320x212x16/TN-GELOGO4.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/GELOGO4.png"/>

8) For example in the above file we have 2 picture resolutions mentioned one for the

7941 IP phone which is 320x196x4 and the other for the 7945 IP phone which is

320x212x16 where 320 is the width of the image, 212 is the height of the image and 16 is

the colour depth .The List.xml file references the respective .PNG files that have been

uploaded in the TFTP server of the CUCM.

9) For every image that we upload we need the Full image size as well as the Thumbnail

size of the respective image.

10) Fist upload the 2 .PNG files for each image for example for a 7941 IP phone we

need to specify the upload file location of the respective image file saved on the desktop

and

For the directory value specify as /Desktops/320x212x16 for 7945 IP phone and

/Desktops/320x196x4 for a 7941 IP phone.

Note: Both the Ful size image and the respective Thumbnail size image the directory

should be the same.

11) After uploading the .PNG files upload the List.xml with the same directory

e.g /Desktops/320x212x16 for 7945 and /Desktops/320x196x4 for 7941 respectively.

12) Finally go to the Cisco Unified serviceability option under feature services restart the

TFTP server service.

13) And go to the respective IP phone under user settings >Background Images ->

The respective Image files appear ->Double click to select the respective Image and

preview it before saving it to apply it as the Background of the IP phone.

Hi,

CCM Version is 4.1.3 and IP Phone model is 7970G.

The problem which I am facing here is in the idle URL,even though I convert a color image to xml file and apply it to the 7970 IP Phone it displays it in the monochrome format.

Request you to kindly suggest so that I could use color graphics for idle url.

Background image is working perfectly fine with color but the same image is displaying as monochrome in idle url..

Thanks,

Sunish

idle url always shows as grayscale, not color.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi,

Thanks for your replay, But my cusotmer want it as color. Any other option i can do for this one. Because i want to give confirmation to him. We done so many R&D there, we try to create one asp file that link also we posted, but we getting the that script only, not picture, the script is working as Idle.

Regards

sunish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: