cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alcatel Integration with Cisco 2811 fxo port

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

I have and IPT solution(CCM5.0) running in an office(HQ). The VG(2821) is comnnected to a SEIMEN HIPATH 3000 PABX though an E1 card.All IP phones can can call all analog phones and vice versa.Another branch also has an IP phone registered with the CCM in the HQ(the same CCM5.0)in a centralised deployment.There is also an alcatel pbx in this branch. I tried to integrate the alcatel pbx with the branch router so that IP & analog phones in the branch can talk to each other, but i dont seem to get the right config on the router fxo port. IP Phones at the branch can call all analog and IP phones at the HQ. My problem is the connection between the alcatel and 2811 router.

Are there some configs to be done on the pbx?

I used rj11 telephone cable for connetion.is this the right cable to use? attached is my router config. Pls help.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

have you connected router to which ports of the PBX? Need to be FXS (extensions), however in that arrangement you cannot have single stage diling from PBX users to IP extensions.

Hi,

Yes I connected the router to PBX FXS (Extension) port with an analog rj11 telephone cable. Since i cannot have single stage dilling from PBX users to IP Extensions, what are your recommendations on how to go about it.Where do I need to add more configs..on the router or on the PBX and what commands should I use.

I'll appreciate your response.

Hi,

you need FXO on the PBX and some programming on it for single stage dialing.

Honestly I haven't looked at the config, what exactly it the problem ?

I cannot call an analog phone from an IP phone and vice versa. The router is connected to the alcatel pbx with an rj11 telephone cable. Is this the right connection cable. I'll still appreciate your help.

It is the right cable.

to troublehoot you would enable "debug vom signal" with "term mon" and check what happens.

This assuming your DPs are set right.