Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP on CUCM6

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

Tried to configure SNMP to use with CM6 and the customers SNMP manager. But cant seem to get very far.

I can configure the community string for read only and apply to both servers. No problem

But when I try to enter the destination server then it wont let me apply the community string, and gives the option to create one. Even if I create it, it does not appear in the drop down menu. SO we can not apply it. Have restarted the SNMP service on numerous occasions and no difference. The only thing I can think of is restarting the CM service but don't really want to do that.

Any Ideas

Paul

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Paul,

Make sure 3 services are activated Cisco SNMP and under network services SNMP and MIB agent

Which exact version of CCM ? 6.1.X ? So i can reproduce it

Hi,

The version is 6.1.1-2000-3 and all SNMP services are enable. We are looking at upgrading to 6.1.2 but holding off until we get the SNMP working.

WHat I am doing is

1. Enter the RO community string in the community setting

2. Add the destination server for traps but when it looks for the community string it cant find it. Gives me the option to create one, but if I enter the same one as before it says there is one with that string already, I then create a new string and it staill catn see it in the drop down menu. Very strange

Many thanks

Paul

I have the same problem, maybe it's a bug...

Anyway if we succed with this there is some posibilites to select the trap that we need to send? On the Cisco router o switches you can enable for example at the command line a trap (snmp-server enable traps bgp) rather than other (snmp-server enable traps envmon).How do it works this on the unified manager, how do i select te trap to send to the NMS ?

Adrian,

We got this sorted we had to enable if I remember correctly had to enable ReadWriteNotify, it wont work with ReadWrite only

Thanks

Paul

OK,thank you.

Hi,

i'm trying to setup SNMP Traps on a CUCM 6.1 I set up the SNMP Community string (Notify_Only) and a destination address and i activate all the necessary services ont the CUCM. The NMS has the CCM MIBs but i can't send the traps.The problem is that call manager don't send nothing. I was shutting down some services , but still can't send nothing. There is something else that i have to do? Or maybe call manager don't send any trap if a service goes down !? Does anyone have any experience in this area? Thank you

To enable trap (clogNotificationsEnabled) : snmpset -c public -v 2c 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.2.0 i 1

To change the trap severity (clogMaxSeverity) : snmpset -c public -v 2c 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.3.0 i 4

In above example last value 4 means set the severity to 4 (Error). In this example any syslog event with severity emergency(1),alert(2),critical(3),error(4) will generate the syslog trap.

Where are you running that snmp command?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: