Internal Calls to CVP - No Ring back tone

Unanswered Question
Jul 9th, 2008

Callmanager 4.0

CVP 3.0 SR2

ICM 6.0 SR6

I have an internal helpdesk setup (callmanager trunk_xfer to CVP etc...), which has worked fine for 3 years except for one issue. This is an issue I have worked on before with vendor with no resolution. When internal user (CCM) calls the helpdesk (CVP) and the call is assigned to an agent, while the agent's phone is ringing the internal user hears silence instead of ringback. This does not happen on every call to the helpdesk, sometimes there is ringback. What does supply the ringback tone to the CCM user when CVP is involved (gatekeeper, gateways, etc.)and what configuration would need to happen?

Thanks,

Melinda

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Wed, 07/09/2008 - 11:12

Melinda,

Is this SIP? I think it might need ringer.wav to be loaded on a gateway and a dial-peer + CVP Call-server config to match!

Maybe I'm way off. Let me know if its H.323

HTH, please rate useful posts..

Chad

melinda.clancy Wed, 07/09/2008 - 11:23

Chad,

I do not think it is SIP, not that good yet. But all of my 12 gateways are H323. If a call comes into the helpdesk via PSTN then ringback is fine. Just when my internal users call across from callmanager to CVP, does the no ringback happen and it doesn't happen all the time, sometimes they do get ringback. Tell me a little more about the CVP Call-server config.

Chad Stachowicz Wed, 07/09/2008 - 11:52

Obviously you have a gatekeeper here correct? Try putting an MTP on the Gatekeeper trunk..

HTH,

Chad

melinda.clancy Wed, 07/09/2008 - 12:24

Chad,

Yes sorry, two gatekeepers using HSRP. I am still extremely new to all this, can you explain putting a MTP on the Gatekeeper trunk, how, and where.

Melinda

Chad Stachowicz Wed, 07/09/2008 - 13:21

Melinda in call manager, you need to set the gatekeeper trunk to have an MRGL with an MTP reource in it. Then check the MTP required box on the trunk! it should be under the 'trunks' menu on CCM...

HTH, please rate useful posts!

Chad

melinda.clancy Wed, 07/09/2008 - 13:51

Chad,

Sorry, I do have a MTP resource setup on this trunk and the MTP required is checked.

Melinda

jbyron Wed, 07/09/2008 - 14:05

In ccmadmin under Service Parameters for Call manager service, make sure that you have set H225 Info For Ringback Tone in the H323 section for the "Send H225 User Info Message"

melinda.clancy Wed, 07/09/2008 - 14:38

Okay under this parameter, it is set to "User info for Call Progress Tone". I have the following other options:

"Use ANN for Ringback" or "H225 Info for Call Progress Tone".

If I change this to the "H225 Info etc..." is it going hurt anything else like the regular VOIP? This is a cluster wide parameter so I only need to change in the Publisher? I will need to make the change tomorrow, helpdesk is gone for the day and in nite mode. Any problem on making this parameter change during the day?

Thanks,

Melnda

Chad Stachowicz Wed, 07/09/2008 - 14:58

H225 Info for Call Progress Tone is what he wants I believe, and I would imagine you would need to restart the CCM service after making the change before it goes into effect.

Chad

jbyron Thu, 07/10/2008 - 04:52

This setting will fix ringtone not being heard during supplementary transfers (e.g. blind transfers. However, if the ringtone is not being heard even when CVP is transfering the caller to the first agent, then it could be a result of phone bug CSCsj16673 - "7960/40 ignores StartTone Messages when in connected state." If you refer to that bug, you can find the phone loads that the problem was fixed in.

melinda.clancy Thu, 07/10/2008 - 09:34

Chad,

I made the change to the parameter and restarted the service, but now I cannot access my web interface of the publisher. Any ideas!!!!!???????

Melinda

Chad Stachowicz Sat, 07/12/2008 - 11:46

I totally just ran into this helping some friends and this was the fixed. You rock!

Chad

Actions

This Discussion