Check to see if a file exists

Unanswered Question
Jul 9th, 2008

Is it possible to check to see if a prompt file exists, or to play a different .wav if the one listed is not there?

Scenario:

Play 1.wav if it exists

if 1.wav does not exist, play 2.wav

Thanks,

Robert

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
honniesr Tue, 07/15/2008 - 08:15

Irisrios,

That is for unity express, not Contact Center. Can we use that with it?

Thanks,

Robert

mmelbourne Wed, 07/16/2008 - 01:22

You may be able to use the com.cisco.prompt.PromptException (or similar) exception in the "On Exception Goto" step around a "Play Prompt" step. This assumes that the absence of 1.wav will assert the exception.

I have successfully used the com.cisco.doc.DocumentException to detect the presence of an XML file in the Repository.

Please rate helpful posts.

honniesr Wed, 07/16/2008 - 21:32

I went through all of them com.cisco.prompt errors and nothing seemed to work. However, I had the prompt set to continue on errors. If is set it to "NO", the entire script stops and the caller hears a message about a system error.

Any ideas or pointers? :)

Thanks,

Robert

honniesr Wed, 07/16/2008 - 21:30

After I looked at the information closer, I see what you were trying to tell me. Sorry, I stopped when it said unity on the top :(

Anyways, when I tried following their example and set the prompt to not continue on errors (to throw the on exception flag), the script stops completely and the caller hears there has been a system error :(

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert

Actions

This Discussion