cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Check to see if a file exists

honniesr
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to check to see if a prompt file exists, or to play a different .wav if the one listed is not there?

Scenario:

Play 1.wav if it exists

if 1.wav does not exist, play 2.wav

Thanks,

Robert

5 Replies 5

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Using custom scripts it is possible to check the existence of the .wav file. If it exists, it plays it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008041d950.shtml

Irisrios,

That is for unity express, not Contact Center. Can we use that with it?

Thanks,

Robert

You may be able to use the com.cisco.prompt.PromptException (or similar) exception in the "On Exception Goto" step around a "Play Prompt" step. This assumes that the absence of 1.wav will assert the exception.

I have successfully used the com.cisco.doc.DocumentException to detect the presence of an XML file in the Repository.

Please rate helpful posts.

I went through all of them com.cisco.prompt errors and nothing seemed to work. However, I had the prompt set to continue on errors. If is set it to "NO", the entire script stops and the caller hears a message about a system error.

Any ideas or pointers? :)

Thanks,

Robert

After I looked at the information closer, I see what you were trying to tell me. Sorry, I stopped when it said unity on the top :(

Anyways, when I tried following their example and set the prompt to not continue on errors (to throw the on exception flag), the script stops completely and the caller hears there has been a system error :(

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: