cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 6.01 - Phones Connected via IPSec VPN

alejandro.cano
Level 1
Level 1

We have a call manager running 6.01 and we send phones to our brach office in other countries which connect back to the call manager via an IPsec tunnel, when I made changes to the phone like names or extension ort even try to reboot it via the call manager it wont work and the new settings wont take even though I have had the guys restart the phone locally, any ideas?

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

It can be either that SCCP reset message is not getting to the Phone or we have a change notification problem.

Other phones local to CCM server works fine?

(Reset is succesful)

Also remember that phone should get config file when other changes are applied (CCM group, Advanced settings)

Sniffer capture in a remote phone will tell u if reset message is arriving or not, then you need to tak e alook at VPN config like fixups, policies, etc

Thanks for your reply, other phones that are locally works fine. The remotes ones are the ones having problem. I even try restoring the phone to default and when it loads again it still have the old configuration.

I will check the fixups in the Firewall.

Yes, let go ahead and verify first TFTP traffic and tCP 2000

I check and TFTP traffic is allow, we have IP open both ways and the fixups looks like this

fixup protocol ftp 21

fixup protocol h323 h225 1720

fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719

fixup protocol http 80

fixup protocol ils 389

fixup protocol rsh 514

fixup protocol rtsp 554

fixup protocol sip 5060

fixup protocol sip udp 5060

fixup protocol skinny 2000

fixup protocol smtp 25

fixup protocol sqlnet 1521

I actually take them all off and still same issue. On one of the remote phones I completly remove the extension assign to it from the call manager and the phone can still make call. its like they are stuck on the initial configurationthey had, you can not make any changes to them. and this is something that started happening recently because I was able to make some changes to a coupe of them in the past.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: