Views
Helpful
Replies

Route List Exhausted alerts

kris.brackx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are receiving in RTMT several RouteListExhausted alers, even outside businesshours.

On the cisco website I found also that there are 4 possible reasons why this alerts can be generated:

-->Unallocated number

-->User busy

-->Out of bandwidth

-->Gateway fails to respond to the call setup request

It couldn't be the 2 last reasons. It is generated outside businesshours (last alert around 5:53AM this morning) so will not be a bandwith issue! And we checked also the gateway when we received an alert and there was nothing wrong!

I just did also a test with an inallocated number and user busy but also no alerts were generated.

Is there any other reason which could cause this alerts being generated?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

This usualy means your B channels are not available on the Gateway, because they all are used. What you can do is monitor your B chanels using T1ChannelsActive or PRIChannelsActive counters (assuming you are using Pri E1 or T1) or BRIChannelsActive from RTMT.

I have found that these are also generated for inbound calls when hunt lists attached to pilot points are exhausted. For example out of hours no one available in hunt list and if the pilot point is forwarded to voice mail. The call is dropped. If you look at the detail of the rtmt alert this should enable you to establish if it is a outgoing route list or an inbound huntlist.

HTH

sorry meant to say if the pilot point is NOT forwarded to voicemail the call is dropped and an alert raised

I had this issue also with a huntlist a few days ago, because all members of the line group were busy or had a forward all on the line. Issue was solved by configuring the "forward busy" on the hunt pilot.

But thing is that we reciev a few routelist exhausted alerts a day on a specific ROUTE list and not hunt list.

I'm currently investigating the trace files but till now not really found something which could cause this.

Googi1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you ever figure out the problem behind these alerts?

Thanks,

Kelly

We found actually already several things that caused some of the alerts.

- Outside businesshours there were faxes on the topcall server send via this routelist but via a wrongly configured number.

- We are currently testing also VT Advantage and as calls are going through a H323 gateway, there was a configuration line missing: "bearer-caps speech" so that also these calls are going out as a voicecall and not a video call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: