cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to clear counter of "show interfaces switching".

tc-nakajima
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there any way to clear counter of "show interfaces switching" besides reloading the device?

I could not find the description about it in Cisco.com.

Thank you

6 Replies 6

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

hi!!

You can use "clear counters" command.. You

can use the interface option to clear for perticular interface...

6509-Andes-P#clear counters ?

ATM ATM interface

Async Async interface

Auto-Template Auto-Template interface

Regards,

Niranjan

( pls rate helpful posts )

Thanks for the response.

But the "clear counter" command did not clear the counter of "show interfaces switching". I understand it clears "show interfaces" counter.

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

You cannot clear this couters.

Thanks for the response.

So the only way to clear is to reload the device, right?

Taichi

Yes, as far as I know the only way to clear these particular counters is to reload the router. I suspect that Niranjan did not read the original post quite clearly enough and missed the fact that you were asking about the interface switching counters and gave the generic answer for clearing the general interface counters. I wish it were that simple to clear the switching counters, but I have not found a way to do it short of a reload and assumed that they were maintained in a way similar to SNMP counters.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Taichi, Rick,

Yes, I am sorry but I missed the interface "switching" part and put in a very generic answer. I re-read that part later and wanted to edit the post but couldn't. I am not very familiar with 2800 platform but I thought that the clear interface counters might do that too as it does in 6500 (where sh interface stats shows the mls switched packets and are cleared by the same command).

Really sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Niranjan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: