Hunt Group to work up until specific time!

Answered Question
Jul 10th, 2008

Hi All,

Just a quick query to ask, does anybody have any suggestions on how to manipulate a hunt group to only work for a specific time.

Scenario: Group of extensions that have a call fwd when busy / no answer on their UDP profiles to the hunt pilot. This works 24 hours a day. Now wish for the hunt group to stop working after 6pm and any calls for an extension goes “straight” to voicemail…

I'm thinking along the lines of putting my hunt pilot in a partion with time periods / schedules created.

Any ideas?

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Ayodeji oladipo... about 8 years 3 months ago

you are welcome.

ALways remeber to rate useful posts...To encourage oursleves and for futrue refrences for others in the same situation

Overall Rating: 4.5 (4 ratings)
Ayodeji oladipo... Thu, 07/10/2008 - 03:34

Use Time of day routing using time schedule ad time periods...

Do the following...

Put the existing Hunt-Pilot in a time schedule partition that defines the time period you want it active for

create another DN with same hunt pilot number but different partition, then do a CFWall to voice mail on this DN..

Make sure that the Time schedule partition comes first on the CSS assigned to your IP phones.

You should be good with this...

cetciscocm Thu, 07/10/2008 - 06:20

Thank you very much Deji,

This was along the lines I was thinking and works like a dream.

Correct Answer
Ayodeji oladipo... Thu, 07/10/2008 - 06:24

you are welcome.

ALways remeber to rate useful posts...To encourage oursleves and for futrue refrences for others in the same situation

HEATH FREEL Mon, 11/23/2009 - 11:16

I was looking to do the same thing, however I am a little confused as I have ot used Partitions or CSS before.

I created a Partition and CSS for the time schedule and set the times to business hours.

I then created a Hunt group in this partition that broadcasts to the two receptionists.

I then created a Hunt group with the same pilot number. At this step II initailly set this hunt group to use a DN that forwards to an AA.Is that an OK way to do it?

Also - whne I go to the two phones in question - do I set the CSS in both the phone and the lines (DN's) - or just set the phone?

Jaime Valencia Mon, 11/23/2009 - 11:44

Configure TOD using the hunt pilot DN and on the other DN you configure whatever behavior you want. A CTI RP with CFA, a TP to route to other number, etc

EDIT: i gave the same suggestion, i left the post open and just had time to reply

If this helps, please rate

HEATH FREEL Mon, 11/23/2009 - 11:47

I think I understand - therefore there is no need to put the phones themselves inside the CSS or partition. Only the Hunt Group needs to be in the partion.

Paul Reck Mon, 11/23/2009 - 15:02

Hi Heath,

Only the hunt pilot needs to be in the TOD partition. You should also make sure that the TOD partition you've made, and the pilot sits in, is in the CSS that the gateway uses (if the calls are coming in via the PSTN).  You will also probably want to have the partition higher up the list in the CSS so that it matches during those times in the case of a tie breaker match with another partition.

HEATH FREEL Tue, 11/24/2009 - 07:12

Hi again. I am still having trouble with this as I have tried a number of times, but the call always goes to the same place - regardless of my TimeSchedule.

I beleive it may be because of my limited understanding or Partitions and CSS.

Here is what I have - please let me know where I am going wrong:

All Users, Phone and Gateways are in CSS

I created a partition called TimeSchedule-PAR

I created a CSS called TimeSchedule-CSS

I created two Hunt Pilots

499 - Partition TimeSchedule-PAR - with Line members 388,413 (reception phones)

499 - Partition - Call Forward all to 701 (AA)

No matter how I do this it always uses the 499 - Partition and forwards to the AA.....

Should I have All Users, Phone and Gateways in CSS TimeSchedule-CSS and then have two Patitions, one for business hours and the other for all other times?

Paul Reck Tue, 11/24/2009 - 14:26

Hi Heath,

having your lines, phones and gateways in a CSS of isn't the best idea.  I'd recommend having a read through the following section of the SRND which contains the line

Cisco strongly recommends that you do not leave any calling search space defined as . Doing so can introduce dial plan behavior that is difficult to predict.

But in the meanwhile, if you want to get this working, apply the TimeSchedule-CSS to your phones, users and gateway.  Make sure TimeSchedule-CSS contains at least the TimeSchedule-PAR partition.  I'd recommend applying it to your own phone, or line, first and testing to make sure you haven't broken anything else.

Hope this helps,

HEATH FREEL Tue, 11/24/2009 - 14:35

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info - after writing my last post it dawned on me that putting everyone in a CSS made sense and that I could then have the first partition as the time schedule and so on.... So I configured and tested it and it worked like a charm.

You answer and link helps solidify my assumptions.

Thanks Again,

This Discussion