Cisco Unity digital Networking

Unanswered Question

I have 4 unity servers in AD domain. I would like to setup Digital Networking and cross server logon between them.

Apart from setting up Dialing Domain, and DialID, what else do I need to configure?

All servers are part of same Dialing Domain but each has different DialID.

Thanks in advance,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ginger Dillon Thu, 07/10/2008 - 08:28

Hi Shahid -

Have you seen this excellent resource -

This includes the step by step instructions for configuring digital networking and cross-server logon (each section has its own chapter). In each Unity server's SA, you will go to the Network - Dialing Domains page and configure the pilot numbers for the other Unity servers. I recommend you check the box that says "Play prompt during cross-server logon, transfer, and live reply so that callers know something is happening". When we send our users a welcome note for their IP phone and Unity voicemail, we include the dialing information for the Unity servers and tell them they can call any of the numbers. This is a very cool feature. Note: Since you are using digital networking, have you considered pooled licensing? For the cost of a Unity user license per server, your Unity servers can share the total UM licenses you have purchased.

This Discussion